After upgrading DSR704 to 200gb HD, lost local channels. Help?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by gman78, Feb 19, 2006.

1. gman78

gman78 New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I am new to this, but did some searching and could not find an answer to my problem. I got one of those 200gb Seagates from CompUSA today on sale, and upgraded my Philips DSR704 today.

I followed the weaknees interactive instruction manual. After I booted it up for the first time, everything looked fine at first. But when I tried to play back my previously recorded programs, instead of playing any of them, it would ask me if I wanted to continue recording them, or something to that effect. It's almost as if it thought I was trying to schedule a recording of them rather than play them back. In any case, I did not write down the exact error I got because this is a recently purchased refurb and I don't care about any of the previously recorded programs... SO... I did a clear and delete hoping to start with a fresh drive.

After about 45 minutes of clearing and deleting, it finished. I ran through the setup all over again, and verified I was able to record programs and play them back. Great!... then I tried to access my local channels. They are gone! If I go to any of them, on the bottom it says "Channel not available" and on the top it says "Regular Schedule" and "Information not available." I remember this happened the first time I installed the box and activated the service, but the locals came up within minutes of unplugging and rebooting the Tivo... no such luck this time. I have dialed into the DVR service twice now, and have reset and unplugged (and plugged in) the thing several times now. The R10 we have upstairs gets the local channels just fine.

Is this something that might fix itself in 24 hours or do I need to worry?

2. gman78

gman78 New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Nevermind. I called Directv. All I had to do was talk to level 1... she just "sent a signal", the Tivo reacquired the satellite signal, and the locals magically appeared.