after cablecard removal just getting a black screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ColorblindPICASO, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ColorblindPICASO

ColorblindPICASO New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Texas
    We are canceling our cable. So we had to pull the cablecard from the tivo (tivo premier w/ DVR expander drive) to return it. I thought we'd be able to use the tivo after that to watch the recorded shows and see what season passes we had. But now I'm getting a black screen (not just on "live tv", the UI is gone too, nothing but black no matter what I do). The only thing I can make it do is make the error sound when I press the tivo button on the remote. After restarting I can go through the guided setup but at the end I always end up back with a blank screen. Has anyone else come up against this problem after yanking a cable card? Is this some kind of copy right feature or am I just doing something wrong?

2. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    both of mind are doing the same - except my cablecards are not yet authorized (I still have a video trap on my outside line, Just have internet at the moment but 'TV' portion is being turned on tomorrow) each time the tivo rebooted from updates the cable card screen would come up and I'd press rivo button or exit the CC screen - black screen and zilch. If you press any key after that you hear the 'error' bong sound. Pull plug and its fine as long as you don't enter cablecard screen?

strange no?