AE8 overnight

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by sjp, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Apr 7, 2011 #1 of 16
    sjp

sjp Active Member

Oct 22, 2001
    London, UK
    home screen clock fixed.

2. Apr 7, 2011 #2 of 16
    Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    Hooray!

Anything else? :)

3. Apr 7, 2011 #3 of 16
    geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Based on one test, I could not get the 3rd tuner bug to occur but doesn't necessarily mean it has been fixed. Will try again later.

4. Apr 7, 2011 #4 of 16
    geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    No still happens, I either didn't give it enough time or the 3rd tuner was already on the right channel, when I tried earlier.:mad:

5. Apr 7, 2011 #5 of 16
    Technix

Technix New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I think the box no longer PIN-locks a channel which is airing something which started in the early hours, e.g. Teleshopping or Channel Off-Air.

6. Apr 7, 2011 #6 of 16
    Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    Hrmph. I haven't been able to view now playing all day (it hangs).. assumed it was a temporary glitch. Hope the firmware isn't broke..

The tuner bug is there - I just got a prompt to change channel to the same one I was watching.

7. Apr 7, 2011 #7 of 16
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    No problems here. Still getting asked for the PIN though :(

8. Apr 7, 2011 #8 of 16
    Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    It's good that they're doing updates, but it would be nice if they posted changelogs somewhere so we knew what to look for.

9. Apr 8, 2011 #9 of 16
    sjp

sjp Active Member

Oct 22, 2001
    London, UK
    surely by now they know they can trust us old S1'ers to test the changes as well as they do themselves :)

10. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    taken from Virgin forum post

"It was just the clock on the Home Page.
    You may also find the BBC iPlayer now can use the Play, FW, RW & Stop buttons on your remote, although this was a seperate addition"

11. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    Yeah the apps can be updated without a TiVo software update

Nice to see iPlayer using standard TiVo controls now - all apps should keep to the TiVo style guide.
    The twitter app still doesn't - it uses multi tap text entry instead of the ouiji board.

12. M_at

M_at New Member

Dec 10, 2000
    UK
    The iPlayer app is pretty much just the BBC's code and basically all done in flash. This is one of the benefits of the flash interface.

The data for the iPlayer in TiVo now comes off the BBC's back end systems backed by Akamai rather than the old red button service which used Virgin infrastructure to hold the video content.

So you should see the TiVo iPlayer being much quicker to get updates and content as it no longer requires Virgin to pull the content from the BBC systems then redistribute it among the Virgin servers.

13. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Well you think wrongly 'cos it still is :(:mad: (Well, standard programmes, anyway)

14. Technix

Technix New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I didn't say recording were no longer PIN-locked just channels. For example before, when turning the box on in the morning after having left it tuned to Film4 overnight you would get 'Title not available' and a message on screen to press OK and then enter your PIN to unlock the channel to see the Off-Air slate or Teleshopping, I haven't seen that since AE8 arrived.

15. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yeah. I thought that was what you meant :)

16. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002
    I had to reboot again to get Dolby digital working. (Don't know for sure if the upgrade breaks this or it just happens) Was inconvenient because I wanted to watch something still recording, delayed.