Advice - Value of Philips Pronto TSU3000

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jmace57, Feb 19, 2007.

1. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX

Advertisements

All,

I am looking for some advice here. About a year ago, I used some AMEX or Diner's Club points and got a Philips Pronto TSU3000 Remote control. After downloading and messing with the ProntoEdit software, I got it to work satisfactorily. However, I have a very basic A/V setup, and it is like killing flies with a sledge hammer.

After a day or two of using it, I just retired it to its box...where it has been sitting ever since. Can any of you let me know what one would be worth? I have seen a couple of new ones go on eBay for a smidgin over $100 - does that seem reasonable?

Thanks

Jim

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Maybe this would be better put in Happy Hour?

You say you got this a year ago? It was introduced in 2004 and replaced with another model about a year later. Does it include the optional rechargeable battery and charging dock?

$100 is a good price for someone who wants this remote. I have the original TSU1000 and love it, but I'd pass on the 3000.

3. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    I can move it - I don't think it was cutting edge when I got it - I know there were color models out at the time. It does not include the charger. Thanks for the input Steve.

Jim