Advice Needed

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by JimG19, Mar 23, 2009.

1. JimG19

JimG19 Member

Jun 30, 2005

Advertisements

I finally got an M card for my Tivo Hd. There were install issues, but I'll spare the details. After 3 hits, everything looked good. In carefully going through all my digital channels after the installers left, I get all but 2 channels that I am supposed to. The 2 that I get a screen saying call the cable co, etc are Game Show Network and Encore1. All other channels (200+) come in fine.

After doing research on the board, it appears to be a pairing issue, although I am surprised only 2 channels are affected. Is it likely that only these 2 channels are copy protected in some way?

I do not watch either channel much, so am hesitant to call the cable company to hit the card and/or tell me that it is a Tivo problem. I am concerned I'll start having problems with other channels, etc. Have any of you experienced this and how would you suggest I proceed, if at all? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Jim

Cable company is Cox Cable - Hampton Roads

2. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Given how issues can happen, I'd say leave well enough alone.
    If a channel yo watch goes out, of course, call.

3. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    So, those channels show up in the guide, but the actual channels just don't come in?

4. JimG19

JimG19 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I appreciate the replies. I called Cox and after doing some troubleshooting over the phone with them, the card had to become unpaired and then re-paired for all channels to work. Evidently, the data information has to be input prior to pairing the card for it to work correctly. All is well now. Thanks again for the replies.

Jim