Advanced programming of Harmony Remote 650/700

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by psphillips, Dec 1, 2017.

1. psphillips

psphillips New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I just got a Tivo BOLT and programmed the Harmony 700 I have to control it. In the past I was able to omit the Tivo "Power on/off" step of starting (and stopping) my home theater to watch TV. This effectively left the Tivo device on all of the time. I was using the web-based programming interface to do this. Now I am using the MyHarmony program, an exe file. This newer program pre-programs the start and stop activities and as far as I can tell I cannot omit any of them. SO it seems as I start to watch the Tivo BOLT the device comes on and the past 30 minutes for each tuner are not available to me to "catch up on anything I missed". The exception is when a tuner is officially recording to save a show.
    So does anyone know how to omit the auto-programmed Tivo on and off commands in the exe version?
    Or does someone know the URL of the older web-based Harmony Remote programming interface>

2. jwp543@

jwp543@ New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Select Devices on main menu
    select change device settings
    select power settings then next
    select I want to leave this device powered on all the time

3. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I am having a similar problem with a Harmony 600 . I think the problem is that Harmony is using a on/off toggle for Tivo, not a discrete code for on and a separate code for off.

4. psphillips

psphillips New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Hey thanks. I did not see this before. I am pretty sure that will do the job.
    Pat P.

5. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    You are correct, the TiVo Standby command toggles the stand-by status; there aren't any discrete codes for that function.

6. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I am not sure if it will help on Harmony, but on my JP1 remote, I can simulate a discrete standby by chaining TiVo+Standby.