Adult Swim: 20 oz. Mouse & Perfect Hair Forever

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cancermatt, Jan 31, 2006.

1. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...

Advertisements

Is anybody catching these shows on Cartoon Network's late night Sat. night Adult Swim block? Not knowing too much about anime, I realize PHF is an anime spoof (at least I think it is) and 20 Oz. Mouse is just swimmingly bizarre (like it was only created for potheads), but I'm enjoying both, in different ways.

Just wanted to throw this against the wall and find out other people's opinions.

2. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    I watch a lot of AS. Lately it seems that they have been expermenting and failing in my book. PHF and 12oz, I just don't get.

I did like the old Giantor that runs at 4:30am CST. It was very funny, I don't think they were going for comedy back then, but the peoples names are great. The only problem is I can't get that damn theme song out of my head.

3. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    go for AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE now. the squidbillies is funny though.

4. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Go Team Venture!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...

Advertisements

Oh, when are Hank and Dean returning. I know that they were working on more. And I can't believe that there isn't more talk of Boondocks around here. It's actually some of the more intelligent pop culture out there. The Xmas episode in particular was classic. "Pay what you owe, Santa!"

6. cancermatt

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    Nah, the only adult swim shows I currently watch are new eps. of Harvey Birdman (which have become incredibly lame imo) and Sealab (which has become watered down, get it?). Since Aqua Teen is done, I tried watching PHF and 20 oz, but they seem to fly over my head all of the time. Haven't really tried the rest. Maybe I need to contact my insider at Cartoon Network and find out what's the status with the current and upcoming toons...

7. VinceA

VinceA Active Member

May 13, 2002
    Bayonne, NJ
    Sealab is done. I think they aired their last new episode in 2005. PHF is definitely a parody of a slew of anime standards.

I think Venture Brothers is coming back in June or so. Jackson Publick (one of the creators) has a blog where he goes into the details of the production.

8. cancermatt

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    I didn't know sealab was done. I guess i missed the boat with that one (ha!). I tried moral orel, it seems like it's claymation, but doesn't hit any highlights for me, neither does venture bros. squidbillies or boondocks. Guess i'll be hatin' on adult swim for a while...

9. RyanPlante

RyanPlante New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Warwick,RI
    Bring Back HOME MOVIES!!