Adjust Channel Banner duration on Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by prepgd, Jan 13, 2016.

1. prepgd

prepgd New Member

Jan 13, 2016

Advertisements

I am new to Tivo, just got a Bolt. Love it. But would like to shorten the 5-second banner duration. Found a tip to do this for the Roamio DVR's but it did not work (Sel - Play - Sel - Pause - Sel).

Any solutions? Thanks.

2. mpinegar

mpinegar 420para

Sep 15, 2015
    Lawrence,KS.
    While playing a recorded program,hit the info button,then Select Play select pause select. That should do it.

3. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN

Hit the clear button on the TiVo remote when the info/channel bar is displayed and it will go away or the left arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. prepgd

prepgd New Member

Jan 13, 2016
    mpinegar,

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't seem to work on Bolt. The first 3 steps actually turn on the Quick Mode which speeds up play by 30%.

Your suggestion was the old trick that worked on older Tivo's.

By the way, I know how to get rid of the banner...I just want a setting (like my cable DVR had) to shorten the banner duration. 5 seconds is just way too long.

Hopefully there is a new trick that will work.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...

Advertisements

SPSPS is for quick removal of the play bar when trick functions are used (and also makes "pause ads" disappear quickly). It doesn't affect the channel banner display time.
    (And yes despite many claims that entering SPSPS doesn't work it DOES work as I use it on every TiVo I own and is one of the most important backdoor settings to me).

6. GoodSpike

GoodSpike Active Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    This is a problem with all the secret codes of Tivo and the devices with Quick Mode. I've found you have to try them several times to get them to work, but others have suggested being at the end of something you are recording live so that it won't go into quick mode.

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    That trick worked. Be at the end of a live recording.