Adequate Singal strenght numbers

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lamotte, Aug 6, 2011.

1. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    willing be moving in a week and just installed a new premier for my brother-in-law. after getting the m-card moved and installed noticed some stations are missing and singal strenght number are all in the high 30's and mid 40's for about 90% of the channels.

should i be calling time warner before i go to have some one do a truck roll to see if this can be corrected before i go. he will be going to hospital that same week to have knee replacement and then right to rehab for 3 weeks of therapy

2. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Mines at 72 percent. When I imformed the Tivo rep she suggested that BH place an amp filter in play...

BrightHouse claims the signal strength is acceptable for their intents an refuses to install an filter to boost the signal

3. rasmasyean

rasmasyean New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Mines at 90+%. A short while ago, my cable signal used to drop and I would get artifacts and stuff. The cable guy came and changed some cables and couplings and did some stuff outside. He says after a while sometimes moisture gets into the cable and messes it up.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Yeah, I inspected the connections at the box mounted to the house an found the cables had rusted

5. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    tech arrived on tuesday afternoon and after boosting singal strenght by 100% and swapping out tuning adapter am very happy. singal before he arrived was down to mid 30's and lower 40's is now at mid 80's to lower 90's. thank you so much time warner

6. poe95757

poe95757 New Member

Jul 8, 2011
    if you split, use amp to juice up. mine all 90+..

7. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    he did go outside and make adjustments first and also put a booster in place also in the house.

8. poe95757

poe95757 New Member

Jul 8, 2011
    the booster helps.. I use am amp/booster with power. it boosted up by +7 more amp power per 2 cables. some channels were original on the margin like 60ish.. now it is like 95ish...