Additional shows in HD on Food Network

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by logicman1, Apr 13, 2008.

1. logicman1

logicman1 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Carmel, NY

Advertisements

When Comcast added Food Network HD to the channel line up in Carmel, NY a few months back, 2 shows I watch, Ace of Cakes and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives only aired on Food Network SD. I just noticed that both are now being aired in HD.

2. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I'm excited to get Food Network HD, which TWC is adding on April 30 in Manhattan.

3. azitnay

azitnay Active Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Washington,...
    Thanks... Looks like The Secret Life Of is available on the FOOD HD channel as well now (no idea if it's actually HD).

I didn't look into it too much... Has FOOD HD switched to having its lineup be a complete mirror of FOOD SD? That would be greatly preferred.

Drew

4. flightrisk

flightrisk New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Yes, Food announced that the HD channel would be simulcast starting 3/31. I don't know about your specific program, but they do use stretch-o-vision on SD content for the HD channel.

5. azitnay

azitnay Active Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Washington,...

Advertisements

Damn, stretch-o-crap sucks... Guess I'll have to remove the season pass on the HD channel if that is indeed what it ends up being.

Drew

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Oh, it's finally simulcast now? When I first got Food HD I switched all my SPs only to find that the schedules were not the same. Guess I can switch to the HD versions of Good Eats and Ace of Cakes now. :up:

7. logicman1

logicman1 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Carmel, NY
    I watched the Neighborhood Joints episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It looked great and appeared to be true HD. However, the Avenue Q Cakes episode of Ace of Cakes was stretched SD. :thumbsdown:

8. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    That would explain, then, why I couldn't find Ace of Cakes when I used the HD filter under Find Programs. :(

9. logicman1

logicman1 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Carmel, NY
    Hmmm, details displayed after pressing Info while it's playing shows 1080i same as the episode of D,D&D.

10. azitnay

azitnay Active Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Washington,...
    Yeah, upconverted and/or stretched SD will always show up as an HD resolution, because that's what it's broadcast as.

Drew