Adding Tivoweb 1.9.4 features to TivoWebPlus 2.0

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by SteveT, Aug 27, 2007.

1. SteveT

SteveT Just a member

Oct 23, 2002
    Easley, SC

Advertisements

In another thread, Pete77 described some features that he enjoyed in 1.9.4 that he was not able to use in TWP 2.0. I'm creating this new thread to discuss these further. I plan to take a stab at adding some of these to 2.0.

Here are Pete77's issues listed with my initial thoughts and some follow-up questions:
    Sounds like the page is still using the old daynight.css (theme). Can you clear your browser cache and refresh?
    Can you check out the 2.0 ChannelPrefs module as a substitute for this?
    I'm planning to load 1.9.4 and LJay's extensions, but it would be helpful if you could attach or email a screenshot of this item in use.
    ditto
    ditto
    ditto
    ditto
    ditto
    ditto

If any of the above are not part of 1.9.4 or LJay's extensions, please post or send me a link to them, or if you're not sure where they came from, email me a copy of the module file itself.

I offer no assurance that I can make any of these changes, nor that they'll be accepted as part of 2.0, but I'll give them a look. One limitation is that I do not have the same equipment or TV sources, so testing may require some back-and-forth trials.

2. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    I was asked to post here, although since this is a response to http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=5452264&&#post5452264 it's likely to be a bit confusing

pete77:
    you were NOT asked to reinstall an operating system, and for programs like this that have many plugins, the first step is ALWAYS to see if any of the plugins are the problem (which was true in this case).

a clean install of TWP2 is the work of 5 minutes at MOST... how can you POSSIBLY compare that to installing XP?!?

We aren't giving incremental numbers, but rather build dates, because there's still a lot of internal work to be done... that's john1980's choice

If you check my posts, you'll find that I've helped a LOT of people who don't know what they're doing... it's those that come in with something lodged posteriorly and who criticize and DEMAND help that get my goat (and as you can tell, my goat is well and truly gotten at this point)

3. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    mkdir -p /var/TWPTest
    tar -xzvf tivowebplus-v2.0.0.tgz
    /var/TWPTest/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb console

Wow. Seriously. I could have reinstalled TWP over and over and gone about my daily life before XP was done (without even removing my current TWP install of course).

4. SteveT

SteveT Just a member

Oct 23, 2002
    Easley, SC
    UPDATE:
    I loaded 1.9.4 final from tivo.lightn.org and installed. Did not run at all until I removed several odd edits from the code, and updated several MFS references to their 6.2 counterparts.
    Once I had it running, I loaded lj_utils and ui.lj.20040404.itcl from www.ljay.org.uk.
    I'm ready to start investigating the differences now. However, since I had to modify the code just to get it running, I really need to see the screenshots I requested before, so I can make sure what I'm seeing matches.

The only item I can remove from Pete77's list so far is the header menu. John1980 updated the TWP 2.0 release last night to include my change which allows you to clear out the More and System submenus and remove them from the main menu. The result is identical to the hard-coded arrangement of 1.9.4.

Please email or attach screenshots of the other desired features/modules in use and I'll take a look at them.

Note: this is for anyone, not just Pete77.

5. LJ

LJ New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    West...

Advertisements

<delurk>

Hi...

Display and set thumbs are one of mine. From memory you need lj_utils and the icons that go with it and my day-to-day ui.

Edit existing preference data is part of ui, as are genre/actor etc.

Search advisory codes is a separate module of mine.

Manage Daily Mail/Control padding I don't run them so no idea where they come from.

Shout if I can help...

6. SteveT

SteveT Just a member

Oct 23, 2002
    Easley, SC
    These seem to be identical in 2.0 to what you added in 1.9.4. Hopefully, Pete77 or someone will provide a screenshot of what I'm missing.
    Thanks. Got them up and running, after some minor 6.2 changes.
    I see these. I'm thinking of adding as a separate module. Can you explain how you envisioned these being used?
    Got it running with no changes. I'll look at making it 2.0-compatible.
    Any of this you want to volunteer for?? :)

Thanks for the help!

7. SteveT

SteveT Just a member

Oct 23, 2002
    Easley, SC
    I have extracted the options from the Preferences menu (under User Interface in 1.9.4) and created a TWP 2.0-compliant module. I made only minor cosmetic changes, so I believe the functionality is identical. One addition is that you can now sort the listings by clicking on the column headings.

I need someone who uses it on 1.9.4 to give it a try on 2.0 and advise any differences or problems.

module attached.

Attached Files: