Adding another Tivo, and it's Physical Location compared to first two on account

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Microman66, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Microman66

Microman66 Member

Nov 28, 2004

Advertisements

I have two TIVO's in my name. One has been active since 2004 (Lifetime) and the other since 2005 ($6.95/mo.).

There not at this house (location). I think I used the other phone number on these series 2, not sure, can't remember. They are hooked up to the phone for updates. Can I check the menus to see how they are set?

I want to register/activate a TIVO YD here at this house, and it won't be hooked up to the phone at all, but to my network.

Will I run in too any problems getting the multi discount on this new unit? IF they ask for a phone number should I make sure I give them the one from the first two I pay?

Can they tell? Love Tivo, glad to be going back!!

Thanks

2. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    i have boxes from 2 different locations on my account. I gave one as a gift some time ago and just activated it on my account.

Previously I actually had 3 different physical locations on my account- as I had given gifts to 2 differnt people. But recently the 3rd location decided to get another so tivo took the original off my account to set up multi service discount for them.

so I doubt they check anything at all.

3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Just call Tivo and talk to them. They will offer an MSD for units at different locations even tho it does not say this in the terms and Conditions.

Many people have a Family Home and a Holiday Home, and Tivo does this all the time.

That way, you are covered :D

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    just activate the box on your account (the smae that has the other Tivos on it) and don't worry about it

5. Microman66

Microman66 Member

Nov 28, 2004

Advertisements

I guess there is no need to worry. Tried to activate on line, but I wasn't sure it went thru. Called them. Girl was very friendly. Activated. 6.95/mo for my new Tivo HD. I will be on 1 yr obligation, but that is nothing, for this Great Box!! No Worries!!