Add UHF/RF channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by noelb, Sep 17, 2011.

1. noelb

noelb New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Hi,

If I have a Programme Source of Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial (so that I can record radio from Sky) is there any way that I can add a UHF/RF channel to Channels You Receive (so that I can make manual recordings from a European satellite)? Previously I just had to enter the channel number, record for a bit and add the channel in Channels You Receive. Now it won't tune to an aerial channel number that I enter.

Thanks,
    Noel.

2. drgeoff

drgeoff Member

Nov 10, 2005
    You said it worked previously. What has changed? A switch to the AltEPG software running on the TiVo or a changed line-up (to record Sky Radio) or what?

3. noelb

noelb New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Previously I had a Programme Source of Aerial + Digital Satellite using Freesat.

4. drgeoff

drgeoff Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Aha, now I understand.

I don't think the Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial configuration will support another RF channel other than the one for the latter STB. However I don't claim to be an authority on this. You might do better posting on the AltEPG forum where there are several people who seem to know TiVos inside out :).

The following might be a work-around if the other sat receiver has a programme timer to control recording on a VCR or DVD recorder via a SCART pin. Connect the "VCR" SCART of the other sat receiver to the "VCR" SCART of the Sky/Freesat box and connect the Sky/Freesat box RF out to the TiVo. For your manual recordings from the European satellite you will need the extra step of setting the timer in that STB (in addition to the TiVo). I haven't tried this myself. If you do please report back if it works or not.

5. Steve_K

Steve_K Member

May 5, 2001
    Sussex, UK
    If you're trying to get analogue TV + FreeSat then be careful as AltEPG kills off RF sources other than for a set top box (ie just one allowed) and IIRC that has to be a FreeView box

There is a sugegsted hack to overcome that but for legal reasons my box is staying hack free for now so I can't say if it's good or bad