1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add\Remove Apps from Mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by bella92108, Sep 1, 2017.

1. bella92108

bella92108 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I don't get it... the new SW doesn't seem to have an option to add\hide channels on the Mini, nor does it have an option to add\hide apps on the Mini. Is this all controlled through the host DVR? And when I delete said apps from the host DVR, the apps still show up on the mini. Super annoying. Any way to resolve this?

Seems like TiVo is taking more and more control away from end users, which is a scary direction to be going. I got my first TiVo in 2003 because I wanted MORE control, not less.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There are some issues with apps right now. First, restart the Mini. If there is no change, you will have to live with them until enough people complain. I don't have the same default apps on my two Roamio units, and my four Mini units are also sort of random. True, the host apps should control the Mini, and a Mini restart is needed for them to sync up. If that fails, don't fight it. With nothing checked, all you should see is Pandora and iHeartRadio, and apps should not be in My Shows unless checked (that part still seems to work).

The Mini has never had the channels option to my knowledge. The guide option for channels is there, but it also depends on the host.

3. bella92108

bella92108 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for the info. The lack of ability to control my own TV experience is exactly why I went to TiVo 15 years ago, and now it seems like the tables have turned. If you want to control your TV experience you now can go to the cable\satellite company and get state of the art boxes that let you do just about everything including control your TV with your voice through Echo.

Sad to see what TiVo has become in recent years. They've obviously given up on being the leader of the pack.

4. DEHASLAM

DEHASLAM New Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I am having a similar problem - the Tivo Mini apps do not align with what is on the Roamio DVR and am no longer able to add/manage from the Mini. I had reported the issue and after a long script meant to fix the problem that did not work, a Tivo customer service representative, who referenced the Mini as a DVR, deemed the issue closed. Its not in my optics.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't think it will get fixed (on purpose). My two Roamio don't even agree with each other.

6. bella92108

bella92108 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Well on two roamios you can add and delete them. Mini doesn’t have such option.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I should have said my default apps are music on one Roamio and music PLUS Plex, Opera TV and Vevo on the other. Nothing is checked. When you check an app, it also appears in My Shows.

And the Mini units have random defaults. I have four.

8. bella92108

bella92108 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Oh interesting. On my roamios I don't have an issue ... when i uncheck an app, it goes away on the roamio. It's only the minis I have issues with.