Add HBOMax, Disney+, and AppleTV+ apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by koberlin1, Aug 18, 2020.

1. koberlin1

koberlin1 New Member

Aug 11, 2011

Advertisements

pretty please.....

2. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    Well since the HBO Go app is being discontinued and TiVo just sent an email stating to use HBO use a computer or streaming stick I doubt we will see any new apps for this on the existing TiVos. Sad...

3. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    Tivo doesn't develop the apps you need to ask HBOMax, Disney+, and AppleTV+ to port the apps to tivo

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

5. koberlin1

koberlin1 New Member

Aug 11, 2011

Advertisements

That would seem like Tivo's job not paying customers. I would hope they pursue this asap as they are immediately antiquating themselves not having these apps available. Roku has already updated their remotes to include actual hard buttons for these services. They (and AppleTV) also had these apps available immediately upon their release. Peacock is a new streaming app that will go mega and I assume Tivo does not have that in their sights. Just seems like Tivo is always behind the 8-ball.

6. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i can only guess that tivo would like to offer these services to customers through their devices, but sometimes tivo asking the services is not enough - there needs to be customer demand. since mso's are unlikely to see any advantage to having their streaming competition added to tivo services, it will be up to retail subscribers, and the customer base just isn't large enough to justify the development cost (i'm still guessing here).

i imagine roku and appletv have many more subscribers than tivo, moving them to the front of the line - so, if customers ask the services directly to support tivo, they may change their minds on developing the apps for tivo (or, maybe not).

ajwees41 likes this.
  7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    nope tivo customer service has said customers need to ask the app developers not tivo