Add antenna to TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Althalus, May 23, 2016.

1. Althalus

Althalus New Member

Mar 29, 2016

Advertisements

I moved into a new house and frontier can't set up cable or internet for another week. I do have an antenna, but can't figure out how to get TiVo to access it. Is their any way to do it without running guided setup? Since I don't have internet I don't want to go through that process. I just want to be able to watch some live tv for the next week until I have my fios again.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You must run Guided Setup for any changes in the TV source. It does require several Tivo connections in the process.

You can forego this process and just watch your recordings. ;)

3. Althalus

Althalus New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    We thought that might have to happen. Oh well, it's only a week and like you said we can always watch recordings. I could use my phone for Internet, but I don't know how much data guided setup uses. I should have done the setup before the move, oh well.

4. twalsh22

twalsh22 Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Connect the antenna directly to your TV.

5. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015

Advertisements

Or take your Tivo to a friend or neighbor's house long enough to connect to the internet and finish the setup. You should get the lineup and initial guide data whether your antenna is connected or not.

6. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you have a wireless adapter you could turn on a hotspot from a mobile device and connect the Tivo. Guided setup doesn't use very much data.