Add a Tivo Roamio to existing MOCA network

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tyler Hatch, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Tyler Hatch

Tyler Hatch New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    I currently have a MOCA network created with a TIVO BOLT and I have a TIVO Mini connected to it. They both work great. Recently I received a Tivo Roamio and I wanted to add it to the MOCA network. I've tried to install it but I don't see any way to add it to the MOCA network. The network settings do not list MOCA the only options I see are ethernet or Wifi.

Is there any way to add a Tivo Roamio to my MOCA network?

Thanks!

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It sounds like you have a 4-tuner Roamio (either the base model capable of CableCARD or OTA, or a Roamio OTA), which unfortunately doesn't include any built-in MoCA functionality -- much like the 2-tuner Premiere models before them.

You'd just need a standalone MoCA adapter installed at the Roamio's location to provide the Roamio with its wired network connection.

The Roamio would be connected to the MoCA adapter's Ethernet port, and configured for an Ethernet connection (it won't know any better). And how the Roamio and MoCA adapter would connect to the coax line depends on what MoCA adapter you choose to buy and whether it includes a pass-through TV port. With a pass-through port, you could just use the Premiere example from @BigJimOutlaw's MoCA overview thread, here; absent a pass-through port, you could use a 2-way splitter in order to get both devices coax-connected.

Example connections for a MoCA-less TiVo DVR:
    [​IMG]

Other variations are possible, but this basic setup should work.

3. Tyler Hatch

Tyler Hatch New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Thank you for your help! I'm ordering a MoCA adapter now.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You may want to check out the Motorola MM1000. (included in list, linked above)

5. Tyler Hatch

Tyler Hatch New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Thank you! I ordered a the Motorola MM1000.

krkaufman likes this.