Add a box, pay double?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by SLSettles, Apr 26, 2015.

1. SLSettles

SLSettles New Member

Mar 23, 2014

Advertisements

I have a Premiere XL to record OTA now and am considering a second box in our RV. The RV box would be for both OTA or campground-provided cable. I just wanted to confirm that if I add a second box I have to pay another full subscription for that box, there is no multi-unit discount? About $28? Seems a crazy price per month for a programming guide. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. carterblumeyer

carterblumeyer Member

Nov 9, 2003
    From Tivo

We offer discounted TiVo service fees when you have more than one TiVo DVR on the same account. Call customer service at 1-877-367-8486 or log into your account on tivo.com for current offers.

Some restrictions that apply to the multi-service discount:

it applies to a maximum number of 5 TiVo DVRs,
    it only applies to new TiVo service subscriptions added to your account (so your oldest subscription will always be at full price),
    to be eligible, all TiVo DVRs must be registered to the same TiVo customer account,
    if your full price subscription is cancelled or otherwise becomes ineligible, the oldest eligible TiVo service subscription on your account will become your new qualifying full price subscription (and will no longer receive the multi-service discount), and
    for a Product Lifetime subscription to qualify you for the multi-service discount, the TiVo DVR to which it is attached must have connected to the TiVo service within the last 180 days.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you have owned the first box just over a year, the second box will probably be $12.99. Finding a lifetimed box on eBay or Craig's list may be cheaper.