Ad Money Reliably Goes to Television - NYT article

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
  2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    If you are in a recession the last thing you should ever stop is R&D and advertising. Spend your last dollar on those and your company has a better chance of surviving.

Advertising is so weird. How many times do I need to see an ad for a drug I don't need. I love the one for the anti-depression medicine (depression is debilitating but usually not fatal unless the sufferor commits suicide) with a warning that the pill may cause death!!! I think I would try Medical Marijuana or any thing before I took that drug.

3. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Way back in prehistoric times, when I was a teen, working in a dying book store, the owner mentioned that the reason he was going out of business while his competitor still had 3 stores was that he hadn't kept up on advertising (the other guy had several billboards around town).

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    There's another drug, I forget the name and what it's supposed to treat, but it's something non-fatal and one of the stated possible side-effects in the commercial is cancer. :eek:

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think we need a drug that cures all the side effects of the other drugs :D