Actors/Movies

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tommage1, Aug 30, 2020.

1. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

Anyone ever check things like movies an actor has been in? Since Rovi took over not good, for each movie they can have MANY of the same movie listed in different languages, maybe over 10 in some cases. I think that may have been discussed but something new. Used to be it would go all the way back, to the first movie the actor was in. Now it only goes back partially, in some cases can be missing 20 years. I liked to see all movies, might setup a wish list for some. Oh well, used to like that feature, now between all the multiple language listings and missing a load of the early stuff, not worthless but getting there.

ufo4sale and PSU_Sudzi like this.
  2. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Most actors names don't even show up for the wishlists' Actors Name category anymore

3. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    The Internet Movie Database at imdb.com can be accessed through any Web browser or an app from a smart phone. Perhaps not as convenient as TiVo access, but it is an amazing resource to anything related to movies or TV shows.

4. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I do use that (and other sites), more now due to current bogus Tivo search/program guide etc. As you say not as easy as if it worked on Tivo (like it used to). Check actor, check for what they have done, movies or TV, setup wish list or season pass for anything of interest. Box sets messed up too, even popular like "Marvel Movies". Rovi was/is bad, problem is it's getting worse not better.