activation code issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cartwa, Jan 1, 2006.

1. cartwa

cartwa New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I bought TiVo for both my parents and my girlfriend for Christmas. I paid $49 plus a year of activation for $200 total. In the both boxes was a unique activation code that you were to use either on the phone or online. The activation code was invalid for both units. TiVo gave me the run around and claimed that they sold so many sets that they hadn't loaded all of the activation codes yet. That was a week ago. I was ASSURED they would correct the issue. Today, they turned my parent TiVo OFF. Evidently Tivo has not been able to figure out the issue over the last week. Not a great way to start a relationship with TiVo. After transferring my father all over the place today, my father has now boxed up the unit and it sending it back. I dont blame him. Tomorrow my girlfriends "trial period" ends. Tivo put my parents and my girlfriend on a trial period until the issue was figured out. Clearly Tivo has their head up their arse and I am really pissed off. Is anyone else having these issues and does anyone know who I can call to talk to about this. Yelling at a lowly customer service person is about as effective as kicking your dog. :thumbsdown:

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Unfortunately, some others have had this problem. Send a Private Message with your TiVo service number and a description of the problem to user TiVoJerry and he can probably help you.

3. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Maine
    We are having this same problem. Nothing but waiting for customer service, and then the run around - I have had calls transferred and still no results. Very frustrating. Cartwa, were you able to get this resolved?