activating a series 2

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rock_doctor, Jan 24, 2007.

1. rock_doctor

rock_doctor resU deretsigeR

Oct 22, 2000

Advertisements

Hi All ,

This is an academic not so academic question... Is it possible to swap the access card from a series 1 to a series 2 and then call the x721 number to refresh the access card. Would this marry the access card to the series 2 unit w/o having to call DTV? The series 1 has not failed but am concerned about the proposed 2/28 deadline.

thanks,
    mark

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    No. It's doubtful that DirecTV will let you use an older Series 1 Access Card since they're out-of-date. Call DirecTV and request a new access card, usually only ~$20.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I also doubt that the 2/28 deadline will happen.

4. rock_doctor

rock_doctor resU deretsigeR

Oct 22, 2000
    It is a modern #4 access card so that probably (hopefully) will not be an issue. I also hope the 2/28 deadline will not happen. We seem to have had a fair amount FUD this last two weeks...

I thought the series 1 was a non-rid unit and would allow the card to be remarried to the series 2 (DVR-40) unit.

thanks,
    mark

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...

Advertisements

Technically the P4 access card will work in your DVR40. You just need to find a friendly CSR that will activate it for you.

6. DonDon

DonDon New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Near...
    I recently moved my access card out of my RCA standard receiver over to a Hughes DTIVO. If the card is currently assigned to your account, just call and talk to a Tech support rep and they can take care of it for you. If the first one wont, just call back and ask again.

It took me 2 tries, but the first time was late at night, and their computers were down and the tech took my info and said he was going to try after the system came back up. I called again the next day and it worked after that.

Don