Activate USB Ports

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by j92devils, Jul 12, 2007.

1. j92devils

j92devils New Member

Jul 12, 2007

Advertisements

Can someone please direct me to a place where I can learn to activate the USB ports on my DirecTivo? I don't want one of those programs that does it automatically, and I don't want to use one of those instant cake things. I am very interested in how this works and I am willing to read or learn whatever I have to. I just need to be directed in the correct direction.

2. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Good luck!

:D

4. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Not sure why you'd want to 'reinvent the wheel', when someone has already done all the work and created the 'zipper' to automate the process of turning on the USB ports on a DTivo.

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

What unit is your Directv/Tivo unit exactly?

If its the R10, then you are out of luck unless you do a Hardware mod.

6. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    Some of us do like to actually see what is being done and how. It also goes to being able to figure out any problems that come up later. The OP stated: "I don't want to use one of those instant cake things. I am very interested in how this works.... "

7. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Note that "someone" (several someones, actually) did the work of developing the techniques to network-enable the DTiVos. Someone else then built Zipper to mindlessly automate the process based on the work of others.