Acorn TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Ebeasley, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ebeasley

Ebeasley New Member

Aug 1, 2015

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out how to utilize our Acorn subscription on our TiVo. Anyone know

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    (after some research indicates Acorn is a streaming service offering British programming to US and Canada customers...)

Not possible, unless they decide to work with TiVo to write an app.

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    You can't, you need a device such as a Roku that supports it with an app, Tivo does not support it.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    As others have indicated, you can't, since Acorn.TV is its own streaming service -- a TiVo app for which does not exist.

That said, my mom *was* able to use her TiVo to access Acorn.TV content -- when you could separately subscribe to Acorn content through Youtube. They've since discontinued the Youtube subscription option, likely coinciding with their upgrading their own streaming service's bandwidth performance.

So it's over to her Roku 3 for Acorn and HBOgo.

5. Walkerb42

Walkerb42 New Member

Apr 8, 2017

Advertisements

You can access Acorn programs through Amazon Prime as a "channel" but they don't show up in listings or searches. The subscription is paid through Amazon.

6. Ralph1935

Ralph1935 New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    We got a Roku 4 for Acorn. I think there is no “agreement” between TiVo and Acorn thus no Search function.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sometimes they are called hit and run. Sometimes one and gone. The OP first post was the last time there was a visit. So over two years ago.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  8. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Also known as a drive by post...:eek::D

PSU_Sudzi and JoeKustra like this.