Acorn TV Free Preview

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Dec 18, 2019.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    I thought I saw this somewhere.
    Now I can not find any mention.
    Anybody seen it as well and can please link?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It's 7 days free for anyone at acorn.tv... beyond that, I'm not aware.

3. humbb

humbb Active Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    It's free through the end of this week on the Xfinity Stream app.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What does "the end of this week" mean?

EDIT: 16-22 December

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I took advantage of a 30-day trial of Acorn TV, and my wife loves it, so I want to subscribe. But if I try to do so through acorn.tv it fails with an error from Stripe (their credit card processor) saying that the submission didn't include their Stripe ID, so a web site error. I reported this to Acorn a week ago - no response to the messages and it's still broken.

I'm aware I can do this through Amazon Prime, and may end up doing that. How can they not realize that their payment system is broken?

6. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Sign up through Prime and you seamlessly access it through the Prime app on the H3.

7. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Before you commit, have you looked at Britbox? It's official from the BBC and ITV and has many current shows, some the same day or next day after airing in the UK. Plus it's only $6.99/Mo, so I think, the same as Acorn.

8. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Tried both freebies. Britbox one week trial had Shetland which I love but not much else to my taste. Enjoying Acorn 30 days more.

9. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Obviously it's each to his or her own.

I'm a Brit and my Yankee DW loves British dramas and period pieces. We enjoy Britbox much more than Acorn TV. We've subscribed to BB since it first became available, partly because I'm an EastEnders fan (I know, don't judge) and she has been for several years. I was getting it via 'other means', but I always said if there was a way I could watch it legally, I would gladly pay for it!

There is a wealth of good drama, old and new, as well as great panel and game shows like QI, Mock The Week, Pointless, Would I Lie To You? and more.