Account and System information missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by janry, Jan 6, 2009.

1. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

A few times a week, I'll check the Account and System information screen on my TiVo HD to see if the Daily connections have been made successfully. Sometimes I'll see the account infomation (lifetime service), capacity, and a few other data items are blank. I can restart the recorder and all will be fine. Lately, it seems this has been happening more frequently, like maybe once a week.

Is this an indication something like the hard drive is failing?

2. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Could this post be related to your problem ? http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=412742

3. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I don't know if it's related. Your post there says the unit is frozen and then does an automatic reboot. That is not happening to me. Plus, if I understand that post correctly, that is related to new units before they have a subscription. My unit has been operating with a subscription for over a year.

4. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    You are correct but i don't know what the cause is of the problem that my post talked about, so I was just pointing out that maybe something is somewhat flaky with activation (V11) only having an effect on a few TiVos with activation but having effect on all never activated TiVos.