Access to Season Passes post deactivate?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Andy in NYC, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Andy in NYC

Andy in NYC With an IQ above 10!

Apr 3, 2002
    I just upgraded to two -24 units (non-Tivo) with whole home, etc.

Unfortunately, I forgot to pull/list the season passes on the machine(s) in order to make sure I have everything in a list to move to the new machines.

It's a long list. Given that the access cards have been turned off I can't record new material (as expected) and can view all the old (as expected). Unfortunately I can't view the season passes (unexpected).

I have the machine tied to the network; TySuite will access my recordings (no, I'm not going to discuss pulling them off, just that I have network access).

So, given that I can attach to the machine is there a way to get the list of Season Passes? I can't possibly remember all the stuff my kids, wife and I jointly or independently watch.

Does DirecTV have the ability (and does anyone know if they ever have) to restart access for 1 day on the old machine? Actually that won't even work since it isn't even hooked to the dish any longer. Assuming I plug the unit into the dish (new dish) can they reactivate?

Thanks for you help on this - I thought I had covered all my bases with network access for the new machines and getting two -24 units with AM21s. Bah!

Andrew

2. Andy in NYC

Andy in NYC With an IQ above 10!

Apr 3, 2002
    It appears that TivoWeb bypasses the UI block; I'm happily copying my list.

Andrew

3. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    If you have more than 100 season passes, you might be in trouble, since DTV DVRs have a 50 pass limit for each machine.

It's a PITA, I know, but DTV seems unwilling or unable to expand it.