Access to On Demand, other options?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by StringFellow, Jan 18, 2012.

1. StringFellow

StringFellow New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    I am like a lot of people who have cable (Comcast) and would love to take advantage of On Demand. I know the there a betas running for On Demand using a Premiere. Where I live we will be one of the last markets to get On Demand functnality via a TiVo box.

I was thinking of picking up a basic HD box from Comcast and hook it up to an alternate input to the TV.

Does anyone else have any suggested options? Netflix is ok, but doesn't include a lot of the newer shows. Watching On Demand sitting in front of a laptop computer or smartphone isn't an option.

Other options or ideas?

2. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    This is in the works, maybe a summer or spring update. Comcast will role it out on its own time frame, though. So, once Tivo has their work done, Comcast will add it to markets at whatever rate they like. Until then, if you want access to Xfinity, you will have to get a cable box or figure out a way to get a computer connected too your TV. I did hear something about a Roku app, but I just looked at mine at it isn't there yet.

3. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I decided to go with an additional comcast box to watch on demand. However, I found out it was cheaper to rent a DVR from them then to rent a HD cable box. So Now I have a TivoHD, one comcast DVR that came as part of my triple play package and a second comcast dvr for watching on demand. The only problem which doesnt bother me since I dont use it, is that you can do the feature where you start to watch a show in one room and finish in another. It doesnt work with two dvr's has to be a dvr and a cable box.