About to buy add a tivo hd to my collection

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Johnwashere, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Im getting ready to buy a tivo hd from electronics expo ($234) and I have a few questions. I currently have 2 tivos, one with lifetime (S1) and a S2 with 6.99 a month sub. Can I do the 6.99 subscription with tivo hd? I think I can from looking around here.
    Also is the slowdown on these cheaper tivo hds really that bad? I see a lot of people complaing about the slow loading times. Im just fed up of my new tw hd dvr and i have to get a good replacment, but im a college student and cant spend much.
    Does anyone else have Time warner setup on their tivo hd? I talked to a sales rep and they said I cant get TBS HD with their cablecards on tivo hds. Is this really true?!? I know I cant get ondemand, but thats ok with me.
    Is there anything else I should know?
    Thanks!

2. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Check out this thread for more details about TiVo HD's.

AFAIK you can add another TiVo and get the same MSD price.

The most recent software upgrade seems to have dealt with the "slow menu" response times.

I've no idea why TW CC's wouldn't get TBS HD and everything else. :confused: Perhaps someone on the forum from your area can answer that one.

I don't know if your S1 qualifies, but TiVo's offering a lifetime subscription transfer on TiVo HD's right now...might be worth it if so. Click here for more info.

That's a good price for the THD. Stay in school and good luck! :up:

3. Tallguy001

Tallguy001 Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Where are you located? Here in Southeast Wisconsin we cannot get TBS HD because Time Warner is implementing SDV.

4. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Im from Columbus, Ohio. I talked to one rep and they said I could not get tbs hd, and another one today said I could. So Il just have to wait and see. Im going to buy a tivo hd from Circuit city today (becuase I want it now) then return my cheaper one online to circuit city and so I get my tivo now and save over 60 bucks. :up: Time warner is going to charge me 1.75 per card and a 20 dollar setup. I wish I didnt have a installation fee, but at least il have a reliable hd dvr!