ABC.com Full Episode Player junk.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by reddice, Sep 28, 2007.

1. reddice

reddice Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    You can't watch anything on this thing. You go to play a video and every few seconds the video pauses. Also the quality is terrible. I remember before they switched to the crappy Move Player I had no problems watching anything on their media player. My mother was trying to watch Ugly Betty that she missed and every couple of seconds it will pause. I don't know what the problem is because I have a very fast connection and a fast computer.

2. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    It happens to me all the time too. It sux.

3. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I just installed it and tried it. Watched "Private Practice".

in "Big" mode it worked fine. In "Fullscreen" it's very choppy, not watchable. I have a decent PC, but nothing to write home about (AMD Athlon64 3700+ with 2 GB memory and 256MB sharedonboard video). I have no problems watching regular downloaded videos or Amazon Unbox in fullscreen, but iTunes videos in fullscreen are an issue on my machine sometimes.

Seems like the player is the problem here too, not the connection.

4. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...
    I don't watch anything on ABC, so I can't speak to their player, but I did write a letter to CBS recently about the system they use. Basically, I watched a show or two on fox, then nbc, then cbs all on a saturday afternoon/evening. (I was at work, and bored out of my mind.) The Fox and NBC shows went great, but the shows I watched on cbs.com kept pausing for buffering every 30-60 seconds. It makes it very hard to enjoy an episode of CSI when they keep pausing mid sentence . . .