ABC blocking recorded shows streamed to TiVO iOS app?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Dagwood70, Sep 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dagwood70

Dagwood70 New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    There are some ABC shows we've recorded (Roamio OTA) that I've streamed or downloaded in the past to my iPhone to watch. New seasons are out and now the app won't let me do watch at all or forwards me to the App Store to the ABC app.

Did I miss the memo on this change?

2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Which shows? In home or out-of-home streaming? Did you try redoing streaming setup?

I just streamed Single Parents, The Connors, and Stumptown without issue.

Verizon FiOS -> TiVo Roamio Plus -> iPhone SE iOS 12.4.1

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  3. rknabe

rknabe New Member

Oct 26, 2019
    I'm having the same problem on my Tivo Bolt. I can't stream the Rookie, The Good Doctor, The Goldbergs, Schooled, American Housewife or Sharktank. There are no other ABC shows I'm recording right now. All other shows can stream and download to my iPad. the only shows that appear to have a problem are from the ABC network. That seems more than just coincidental. I'm using the Tivo Bolt with a cable card through Spectrum.

4. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    No issue with the android app, good doctor and the rookie.

I get the option of watching from my recorded shows or from the ABC app.
    Edited to add I have the ABC app installed. Install the app and see if tivo gives you the choice

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  5. rknabe

rknabe New Member

Oct 26, 2019
    I don't have the ABC app, but I do have the Hulu app. I can stream ABC shows from the Hulu app, and I would presume I'd be able to from the ABC app too. The problem is, I need the Tivo recording to download to my iPad, so I can watch it while I'm in the air on an airplane. Any streaming options won't work for me while I'm in the air. I am trying to find out why all shows from all networks, except ABC, download to my iPad fine. Why don't the ABC shows download to my iPad?

6. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Hulu has download now; have you tried that with ABS shows?

Copy protection flags are set by the local broadcaster (although they aren't supposed to set them at all). From time to time people here have reported those flags being set for a particular local channel, apparently by mistake. The TiVo System Information panel will show the copy protection status of whatever the tuners happen to be set to, you might check what's going on with ABC.

7. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I thought maybe, a long shot, installing the abc app might give the choice of using abc app or TiVo app.

8. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I just experienced the same issue. I had inadvertently set the app to work with my mini instead of my Roamio.