A win - win way for TIVO and commercials

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by CardiacKid32, Sep 27, 2006.

1. CardiacKid32

CardiacKid32 New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Mount...

Advertisements

I've been a tivo user for 4 years and I really enjoy time shifting and skipping commercials. I also understand the problems this cause broadcasters, advertisers and show producers. I hate to see shows I like suffer bad ratings when a lot of their viewer are tivo users. There are also commercials that I like to watch.

Why not develop a system where the tivo would allow a user to support a show by watching the commercials at their convenience? In other words time shift the commercials and let the tivo record and report viewing of the commercials to the advertisers. These viewings could be tied directly to the show in which the commercial was placed. Another possibility could be having descriptions type tags embedded in the commercials which would allow the tivo to sort the commercials into categories such as autos, medicine or beer. Then a tivo user could easy watch commercials for an area they are interested in.

If done right this could be a win - win for everybody. The networks and show producers get advertising revenue, advertisers get viewers and possible targeted viewers, and the tivo user gets the control of see the commercials when they choose to.