A/V Remote codes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by amya, Jul 30, 2007.

1. amya

amya New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Does anyone know how to get TIVO a/v remote codes for older units? I am looking for the code for an AIWA av-d30u receiver. :)

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Just do a code search. There might not be older codes in the remote though.

3. JamesonTiVo

JamesonTiVo New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I had a Sony SAT-T60 DirecTiVo, and I was able to program its remote to control my Aiwa A/V receiver (AV-D77). The Sony died from a drive failure and has been replaced with the DirecTV R10 with the peanut remote. None of its Aiwa codes will control my receiver. (I followed the advice of another thread and tried the Sony receiver codes, too.) Is there any reason to believe the Aiwa codes from the SAT-T60 would work for the peanut remote? If so, can someone post them (I can't access the remote codes screen on the SAT-T60 because it won't turn on any more).

Are there hidden codes? Is there any way to find out if the peanut will possibly talk to my Aiwa, short of walking through approx. 10,000 4-digit combos?

Many thanks; any advice is appreciated.

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    No, there isn't any more codes in the sony remote, in fact they're exactly the same codes.

But what you probably did to get the sony remote to work is teach it the commands. Since the sony is a learning remote, where the older peanut remotes are not.

5. JamesonTiVo

JamesonTiVo New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That's too bad. I'm almost certain I programmed the Sony SAT-T60 remote using the on-screen codes the way the manual specifies, but it was 7 years ago so I suppose my memory is not reliable. Thanks anyway!