A "Tivo" Streaming Stick Can't Stream From A "Tivo" Box? Huh?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Bobby-Tivo, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Bobby-Tivo

Bobby-Tivo Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Atlanta
    PLEASE Correct me if I'm wrong, but from all the descriptions I've read about this new Tivo Stream 4K stick this seems to be the case.

PLEASE tell me I'm WRONG!

Tivo would NOT make & release a streaming stick that CAN'T at the VERY MINIMUM connect to & stream from my Tivo box, no... no, no, no. They wouldn't do something as STUPID as that, right?

I can see that it is Android TV based, so I'm assuming that it has access to the Play store (or at least a subset of the store), so if it can't stream from my Tivo out of the box can it at LEAST download the Tivo app from the Play store & do it that way?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Sigh, I wish that I could tell you otherwise. The only flickering light is, TiVo has said that a feature like that could be something for the future.

3. dgoner

dgoner New Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Sadly I think they are that out of touch or just plain dumb to do so. Tivo doesn't really seem to care to make a true convergence device of OTA TV and live streaming service with the rest of our favorite steaming services. The oversight is almost so comical that I would venture to guess that cable tv and satellite tv services are paying them off not to release such a device.

osu1991 and wbrightfl like this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...