A suggestion regarding suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by JosephB, Dec 30, 2011.

1. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    So I just got my Premiere and I'm loving it so far. One thing that I noticed, though, was on the suggestions bar on the main TiVo screen in the HDUI. It suggested the show "Californication" and the reason was that it was a promotional deal (IE: someone paid TiVo to suggest it). However, it's not available from any of my sources. Not on Netflix, not on Amazon, and not on any channels I receive. There was no way to record it or get it. I wasn't really interested in watching it, but the fact that it was suggesting something I couldn't watch is pretty glaring.

So, my suggestion is: Don't suggest something I can't watch!

2. Grey Griffin

Grey Griffin Member

May 24, 2007
    Tulsa, OK
    I agree Tivo shouldn't suggest something you can't watch, but a quick search shows Californication is available for download from Amazon.

3. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Then they need to update their listings. I do not have Amazon disabled in my list of video sources and when I highlighted Californication, it did not show the Amazon icon and said that it was not available at all. At any rate the TiVo thought it wasn't available, so it shouldn't have shown it.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Yes, it is infuriating, but they'd have to write extra code to get your TiVo to burn extra CPU cycles to determine whether you can or can't get what's in a promo that's just thrown out there to everybody, and they'd have to worry if that extra code would in some unforseen way break something else.