"A special TiVo party invite"

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by highwire, Nov 12, 2006.

1. highwire

highwire Active Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Ottawa,...

Advertisements

Is this menu item (Coming soon!) going to stay in my TiVo Central forever? (Philips series 1 standalone).

2. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    It looks like it. Tivo seems to have forgotten about the series 1 owners. Though they did remember us long enough to put this crap ON our tivos, just not remove it.

3. cdp1276

cdp1276 Member

Mar 24, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I have the same problem with a Sony Series 1 TiVo and it has been that way for 3 months or so. I think it was suppose to be for the special VIP transfer but they never gave us the info.

4. Opusnbill7

Opusnbill7 S1 Lifetime User

Sep 12, 2000
    Lincoln, NE USA
    Yeah..I posted about this a while back. Sure would be nice if we could get TivoPony or someone like that to read this and get it fixed at Tivo...as the only way I've heard to remove it is a "wipe out and start over" of your settings on the tivo.

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Advertisements

"A special TiVo party invite" was something for when tivo wanted people to host a Tivo party 9like a tupperware party) to help promote Tivo. It had nothing to do with the S3 or the VIP transfer offer.

6. rossshow

rossshow New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    thanks

7. highwire

highwire Active Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Ottawa,...
    Whatever the case, will TiVo ever remove it from my TiVo Central?

8. TiVo Steve

TiVo Steve New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Seattle WA.
    On my Philips Series 1.

Clear and Delete EVERYTHING! (sorry to have to say that) :eek:

I got rid of it just before the fall season. Wait until after the fall season is over and you've watched all of your recordings... then do the CADE.
    It will get rid of it. :up:

9. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Sorry, that's not an acceptable solution. Sure would be nice if Tivo would acknowledge this problem and actually fix it.

10. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

+1

11. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    it's been stuck on my Series 1 TiVo for a long time as well. I think it keeps TiVoShanan's new promo videos from appearing in TiVo Central. :(

Good thing for backdoors. :)

12. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Folks, sorry about this.

We're studying the issue.

It has been removed from most Series1 boxes, but in other cases it is persisting, and we're trying to find out why.

If you have this promotion stuck on your Series1 unit, can you please e-mail me (estephen@tivo.com) with your 15-digit TiVo Service Number?

Thanks,
    S.

P.S. Jeff, from my understanding, it shouldn't prevent any other promotion from appearing there in rotation.

13. pokegol

pokegol New Member

Feb 24, 2003
    Chicago
    TiVo Party just disappeared from my Series 1 last night. Rats, it made me feel special, like I was invited to something for a change :).

14. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    You beat me to it, pokegol. Yes, we fixed this issue last night. Apologies for the delay and the problem. It will not recur.

Best regards,
    Stephen

15. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

Hmm... I wonder why the Series 3 promo never showed up on TiVo Central. Were Series 1 owners supposed to get it?

when I get home tonight, I double check to see if it's still there. if it is, I'll email you my service number.

16. Opusnbill7

Opusnbill7 S1 Lifetime User

Sep 12, 2000
    Lincoln, NE USA
    A thousand thank you's, Stephen!

17. WhoAmI

WhoAmI New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    MA
    Thanks -- it just disappeared from my Philips HDR212 in the last couple days. I was tired of it...