A Polite Request for Customer Assistance Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Neotrin, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Neotrin

Neotrin New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    This is my second go-round with Tivo CS and I seem to be doing as badly this time as I did the first. The problem is as follows:

1. On Feb 3 I received my refurb Tivo box. It was dead on arrival.

2. Called and was given two options: FAST - charge my credit card for new box, which would be shipped in 2 days, then return the old box for credit; or SLOW: return old box, would be exchanged for a new one when it arrived at Tivo.

3. I accepted FAST and got a confirmation of the exchange authorization, which said a replacement would be shipped in 1 business day.

4. On Feb 6 I called CS and advised that I had not received shipment confirmation. Was told that it would take 7-10 days to arrive. The rep was obviously new, so I didn't pursue it further.

5. Today, Feb 8, I called again, got a more confidant rep, who told me that all she could see was that I should be getting the replacement within 7-10 days. This time I asked why the authorization (3 above) said it would be shipped in one day and now I'm told 7-10 days. She had no answer. I asked what I could do to clarify the situation and she said speak to a supervisor. I waited on the line for 15 minutes and had to leave.

The case number is 4104893.

2. TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
    Sorry about the confusion, and appreciate the detail you've provided. I'll pass your note along and see if we can get someone back to you.

Cheers,
    Pony