A One Pass Piss Me Off

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by heifer624, Nov 10, 2015.

1. heifer624

heifer624 Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Florida's...

Advertisements

Sometimes when I setup a OnePass for ANY channel and ALWAYS record in HD I'll get something recorded on the SD equivalent channel. That pisses me off :mad:

2. samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    Don't do it that way then. What show could you possibly make a onepass for LIKE THAT? When I create one, it still sometimes puts in the SD channel even though it is set to record HD if possible and all my shows are on HD channels. HELLO TIVO....TALKING TO YOU...LOL

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Yet another victim bitten by a program's bad HD flag. Usually the problem is missing a program because the HD flag is not there, but it doesn't surprise me that Tribune Media is also putting it on SD programs where it doesn't belong. I've disabled all my SD channels and always make my One Passes with a specific channel.

Friends do not let friends watch SD!

4. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    But I love Super Dave! :D

yes, it's a dated reference

5. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

Now that SD I loved as well!

6. Bsteenson

Bsteenson TiVo is no BS

Jul 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Yes, solution is to uncheck all the SD channels (unless there's something that's not duplicated in HD that you absolutely don't want to get rid of).

7. foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    One piss.
    One Pass Gas.

8. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Delete all the SD dupe channels and never set the 'always in HD flag'.

Problem solved.

9. dahacker

dahacker Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Plus removing the SD channels prevents that awkward screaming from us to other people in the house that they should watch it in HD.

10. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I agree with PP. OP makes a great point. We know HD flag isn't accurate. Tivo should default to a HD channel. Is there an easy way to know which is the HD? Is that information available in the channel listings? FiOS has the higher number as HD. Is that a general rule? If there isn't an easy solution then remove that option.

I agree with PP suggestion, delete SD channels.

11. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I don't want to start a war, but the program may be in HD and not displayed that way in the guide. I have all my SD channels unchecked, but my ION channel never shows the HD icon for shows that are in HD. It is part of the description, and if the recording default, affects a Search. I guess I'm saying there isn't one answer. I keep my option at HD if possible and I always check the 1P program count.

12. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I get around this by simply unchecking all the SD channels in the channels list. I refuse to watch SD so there is no reason for those channels to even be acknowledged by my TiVo.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just noticed that I have my recording option set to HD Only and the HD programs on ION are indicated to be in HD on zap2it.

14. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    This really is the simply answer, and it solves the problem. Why are we still debating this? :D

Someone taught me this trick (Laria, I think?): List the channels by alpha instead of number. Then go thru and delete the SD dupes.

DirecTV does this one better. They have a setting "Remove SD Dupes"

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Which problem? I have removed all my SD channels. I still get SD programs that I want to record. Mainly Canada or UK. The description says HD but not the guide. On those 1P, I just modify the 1P for HD if possible. The 1P looks at the program, not the channel.