1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A network error occurred. -- trying to use tivo app

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mattack, Mar 30, 2017.

1. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Is everyone else getting the "A network error occurred. Please try again." trying to use the app to connect to their Tivos?

My iPad was connected fine when I was at home.. but I'm trying to keep downloading shows to watch at the gym (because !@$ downloading is so !@$# unreliable and I have to download a few MEGS at a time, sometimes)..

but now both my iPad & iPhone are getting the network error dialog.. and have been for an hour or so.

It'll probably eventually "come back", but what a pain..

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It actually seems like my company WiFi for some reason.. on my phone, if I turn off wifi, I can connect.. but not on wifi.. and IIRC, my iPad has never been able to connect over a hotspot through my phone (even at home for example).. So I can't use that as a workaround.

Some kind of filtering, presumably. It definitely works (or worked yesterday) at wifi at the fitness center.. and since I'm able to get here on the corp network, doesn't seem to be intentionally filtering non-work stuff or something like that..

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    This is happening to me tonight ... home WiFi or LTE, I can't sign into the app. Anyone else?

4. kes601

kes601 New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I can't login to Tivo Online or the app, telling me my password is wrong. I went through the steps to change it, still telling me it is wrong. I can, however, login to tivo.com and see my account. I just can't interact with the actual devices.

5. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It started working for me late last night, finally, but now this morning it's down again.

6. kes601

kes601 New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    The app started working for me, but not online.tivo.com.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Failed to login. Happy Friday.:mad:

8. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    failed. app and browser.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Still can't log in tonight (iOS app only ... TiVo Online seems to be working for me).

10. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It's still taking me multiple attempts to sign into the app each night to download shows. I have to keep tapping Sign In and eventually I will get in. This is really annoying ...

11. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Grrrr ... happening again today, can't log into the app.