A few questions/problems after a HD swap...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Patrick G., Oct 1, 2007.

1. Patrick G.

Patrick G. New Member

Aug 8, 2004
    I have an SD-DVR40 DirecTivo with DirecTV, and on Saturday I replaced the hard drive with a new one from TivoRevolution.com. The swap went off without a hitch on Saturday, and I recorded several shows over the weekend. However, when I went home for lunch today, I noticed the DVR was recording and it's not supposed to be. So, here are my issues (note that I only had about 15 minutes over my lunch hour to investigate this):

1. When I look at my "Now Playing" list I see 2 shows that recorded today with a Tivo logo to the left of them, and 1 show being recorded with the red "recording" logo to the left. I don't have season passes set up for any of these 3 shows, nor did I select them to be recorded. Why are they recording?

2. In addition, I have the "Now Playing" list sorted by date, but the newest stuff is at the bottom, while the oldest stuff is at the top. So, for example, those shows that were recorded/are recording today are at the bottom of the list while the shows I recorded yesterday are at the top. I'm not sorting by Groups. It wasn't this way before - the most recent stuff was at the top. Any ideas?

3. I see that software version 6.2 is currently installed on this new hard drive. Any way to force an upgrade to 6.3e? Again, I've had the new hard drive installed and connected to a phone line since Saturday AM.

Thanks in advance.

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Tivo Suggestions. RTFM.

Are you sure?

No, it will update to the newest software when the tivo mothership decides that it is time.

3. RedMan8

RedMan8 Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Even when it is "sorted by date", it will put all the Suggestions at the very bottom. That is why your most current recordings happen to be at the bottom (they are suggestions).

Any recording with a TiVo icon next to it, is a suggestion, which means you didn't ask for it, but your TiVo didn't have anything else to do at that time.
    :)