A&E HD on Dish Network

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gchance, Mar 1, 2007.

1. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA

Advertisements

Last night when The Sopranos came on, A&E was in HD. The episode was in SD of course, but the bug was placed across the edge of the SD frame, stretching into the rest of the HD frame. When the TV rating came up, they also placed it on the edge of the SD frame.

I don't know what day Dish made the switch, since I only watch A&E once a week. It's interesting though that they didn't make some big announcement, usually they're proud of any HD channel they add.

Anyway, it was a surprise to me. Now if only there was content there...

Greg

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Why was it in SD? Sopranos on HBO is true HD.

3. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    That's a good question. Here's the rating & cc bugs... what's interesting is it's only TV-14, not TV-MA. Are ratings self-determined?
    [​IMG]

Then the A&E HD bug.
    [​IMG]

I actually cropped for clarity. Since I don't have an HD Tivo (come on, make a Dish-compatible HD Tivo), I record the downconverted signal. These were grabbed from Tivo video, downconverted from HD to SD, hehe. I cropped because this is how it looked in 16x9.

Greg

4. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    Maybe you should go to the dbstalk board, they had been talking about the channel coming on a while before it happened. Then all the complaints that the channel doesn't have that much HD content.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Thanks for the info on dbstalk; never been there. They have one forum in particular that is full of HD info; new shows, upcoming special, etc.

http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

:up:

6. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006