$99 Tivo Premiere ... record analog?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by GameGuru, Sep 20, 2011.

1. GameGuru

GameGuru Active Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Dover, OH
    It has a coax input but under "TV input sources" it says "Digital cable, HD and standard-defintion antenna (ATSC), Verizon FIOS® Does not support satellite or AT&T U-verse."

I spoke with Brian at Tivo and he said if my Tivo I got off eBay dies I could transfer a Lifetime subscription to a new unit and was looking at this one. Can I use it with my analog cable?

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    The question was asked and answered here. I don't have a Premiere so I can't comment directly.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=444554

If the TiVo you purchased on eBay is an old series 1 with lifetime purchased in very early 2000 or late 1999 and no transfer of lifetime has been done previously, I believe Brian is correct and you can transfer the lifetime service to a new Premiere within certain restrictions. I would confirm before purchasing the Premiere that the transfer can be done. If you don't have the necessary very early TiVo with very early lifetime service, it won't qualify.

3. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Yes.

If you are interested in the Premiere, you may want to consider the $449 Premiere + lifetime deal good through 9/22.

4. GameGuru

GameGuru Active Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Dover, OH
    I would rather buy one for $99 and transfer the Lifetime off the one I got on eBay.

5. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I see from another thread you have the Sony SVR-2000. I didn't think it was quite early enough to qualify for a transfer of lifetime service. Other than you understand Brian said you can transfer lifetime, is there anything you know that would make you believe that is correct. I believe it is not correct at all and you will never be able to do it.

6. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Curious also. Did you give them the model or TSN(serial number) of the Sony to verify that it qualifies for the lifetime service transfer?

And yes, I also used a Premiere for a short period with it connected directly to my cable outlet(Comcast Atlanta), with no cable card(decided not to subscribe it).

7. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I have a feeling that when you go to transfer lifetime from that S1 there will be a fee involved that will look a lot like the price of buying a lifetime subscription outright.

8. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    You can't do that (unless by some miracle you found a Series 1 activated before the grandfathered date)

A lifetime subscription is tied to the box. Tivo has had transfer offers in the past, but there is no current one.

9. Oct 3, 2011 #9 of 11
    Joey Bagadonuts

Joey Bagadonuts New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Anaheim, CA...
    For clarification:
    In 2004, I purchased an S2 and got the life time subscription. That subscription is not transferable to any of the 3 Premiers or the 1 HD that I have added?

10. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    No, the lifetime subscription is for the lifetime of S2 you purchased it for, no transfer.

11. Joey Bagadonuts

Joey Bagadonuts New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Anaheim, CA...
    Well, that's a total drag.

Thanks for the prompt response, Chris.