9/24 Desperate Housewives glitch?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mdeatherage, Sep 24, 2006.

1. mdeatherage

mdeatherage New Member

Jul 23, 2003

Advertisements

I just happened to notice in looking at my HR10's "To-Do" list that it did not have tonight's season premiere of "Desperate Housewives" scheduled to record. It knows that I have a season pass on it, but it doesn't think tonight's episode is part of the series, though it thinks the 10/01 episode is.

Had I not noticed it, I would have missed it. Anyone else see the same thing, or is it a local guide error?

2. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...
    There is a recent thread on this forum that has to do with people who have been unable to add new SP's for Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=315104

I am one of those having this problem. I think that the guide data in the premier episodes for those shows is messed up, and it only seems to show up on HR10-250 models. Unfortunately, I suspect that a number of people may miss tonight's DH premiere on their HD Tivos.

3. sdchrgrboy

sdchrgrboy New Member

Mar 9, 2004
    San Diego
    I have an HR10-250 and didn't have a problem with either show.

4. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Wow - I have (2) HR10-250's. One had the problem, the other didn't. Strange.

5. pjdoogie

pjdoogie New Member

Jun 14, 2005

Advertisements

Mine recorded DH tonight as expected. For GA, it scheduled to record a re-broadcast of the season opener instead of Thursday @ 8:00 CST (with no other recording conflict). I forced it to record Thusday, and then the To Do List dropped the re-broadcast (I think it was for Friday or Saturday; not sure).

6. macericpet

macericpet New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Southern...
    Mine did not record. No info as to why in the RH either.

7. actionj

actionj New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    I had the problem with greys anatomy. I would try and setup a season pass and it would not show up in the to do list and then the 2nd time I set it up and the premeire came on my tivo tried to record the west coast feed which i don't have. So I quickly manually recorded the premeire and now I've setup a season pass for the 3rd time and it looks like it's working now.

First time I've had any bugs with season passes.

8. herdfan

herdfan New Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Hurricane, WV
    This was my first non-record issue ever. :( And ever goes back to the old Series 1's.

Fortunately I have an SD backup unit that did catch it.

9. nelsonrl

nelsonrl New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Tyler, TX
    Thanks for the warning. I checked after reading this post and saw it was missing. Next weeks show was there.

10. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    mine recorded, but it was coming in OTA.
    Is there a GENERAL thread for SP issues, that one can subscribe to and get updates on anything SP related?

11. vdubuclet

vdubuclet New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Dallas
    I had the same problem with DH. I did a manual record. Could it have been that the episode was 1 hour and 6 minutes long?

12. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Mine was scheduled to record, almost got bumped by an over-run padding that I set for Amazing Race on CBS, but then picked up as it should once I knocked Family Guy out of the record list for the nite.

All of the above come from Over-the-air local channels and all were there without issue.

I didn't check the satellite locals to see if there was an issue, primarily because I have those channels hidden in my guide.

My SD units didn't seem to have any issues at all though.