8 mos old, HR10-250 is acting like it's going

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by shanman14, Aug 31, 2007.

1. shanman14

shanman14 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Alabama

Advertisements

Last week it froze, the TV said "No signal" and it was unresponsive to inputs on the front panel or remote. I pulled the plug, let it reboot and when I received the D* logo (before acquiring satellite page) it rebooted all over again on its own.

After the second reboot, it came up and started working with no indication as to what happened. We missed several shows as we were gone for a day.

Last night, same thing. I pulled the plug again and this time it gave me a message that it couldnÂ’t acquire all of the satellite data. Turns out none of my locals appeared in the guide. So, I rebooted through the menu system. Upon this second reboot the locals came back, however the system remained very sluggish to commands for quite some time afterward.

Is this a software upgrade that is causing this that I don't know about? I'm not too keen on reimaging and starting over, losing all of my programs. If I'm going to do that, I might was well bite the bullet and have D* send me an HR20.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'd try a Clear & Delete Everything first. This will do as it implies, delate all programs, SPs, Wishlists, and any other settings. But, it might get it working again. The next try would be to replace the hardrive.

The software version you are referring to is 6.3e. Do you know when it was loaded?

3. milominderbinder

milominderbinder New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chicagoland
    How can an HR10 be 8 months old if DIRECTV sold the last one in August of 2006?

- Craig

4. JohnTivo

JohnTivo Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Carlsbad, CA
    Just because D* stopped selling them a year ago doesn't mean it can't be purchased elsewhere...

5. shanman14

shanman14 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Alabama

Advertisements

I bought three, sealed in a box, at Best Buy early this year. I EBay'ed two and kept one.

THe software level is 6.3e