750GB Upgrade -- How many hours?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by drosoph, Sep 8, 2007.

1. drosoph

drosoph Distinguished Member

Mar 21, 2000
    Allen, TX, USA
    I upgraded my S3 way back with a 750GB HDD, and got 96 HD/927 SD capacity. Now, I see that Weaknees lists a 750GB HDD as 107 HD/1015 SD Capacity.

Anyone know why?

2. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    There's a new WinFMS option called 'MfsSupersize' from the screenshot's posted here http://www.mfslive.org/tivo_hd.htm it would appear to be close to a 10% gain in recording capacity. I haven't found any details behind it but maybe Spike2k5 will chime in here.

CCourtney

3. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I am not Spike2K5 but his WinMFS Beta-5 does allows you to add about 10% to the storage, works great as I have not had any problems or herd of any problems yet.

4. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo New Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Seattle, WA
    The Supersize option allows the user to utilize the drive space which TiVo normally reserves for advertising downloads. That works out to about 8 to 10% of hard drive capacity. It does work on my TiVo HD, but TiVo could at a later date turn that option off. The setting can be changed on/off even after one has set up a drive for use with the TiVo. It doesn't have to be done at the time of mfsCopy or mfsRestore.

5. drosoph

drosoph Distinguished Member

Mar 21, 2000
    Allen, TX, USA
    Can it be turned on without losing recordings?

6. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo New Member

Feb 10, 1999
    Seattle, WA
    I've turned it on without losing recordings, but I haven't turned it back off. I wouldn't be surprised if turning it off with a full drive would be a problem.