60 Minutes 15MAY2011

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by rahnbo, May 29, 2011.

1. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Missed the majority of tonights episode until I realized it wasn't recording. Todo list said it was "no longer in the list." Fact it it simply changed the title to indicate it's a special. The part I caught was REALLY good with some fighting against the Taliban. Too late for us on the east but the for those out west they can still catch this airing.

This should have been Sunday May 29th, not May 15th.

2. km

km Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Atlanta....
    The segments were reruns.

3. stujac

stujac Member

Jan 26, 2002
    If we're talking about last night's episode there was new content; follow up interviews with Sal Junta by Laura Logan. Nice to see her back at it so soon after her own personal disaster.

4. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Like I said I only caught the end and didn't remember that firefight from before. Anyway. . .

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    60 Minutes in the summer is a weird thing. You get the repeated stories but sometimes with updates. Sometimes depending on what is happening in the world you will get a new story. I mean, for example, lets say something spectacular happened in the GOP race, some wounderous candidate coming up from nowhere. It would be smart for 60 minutes to do an interview or at least a segmant on the person. I OBL had been killed in June and they got an interview with someone who knew a lot about the action, then they would put somehthing new on.

6. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Indeed. Also, I can catch episodes that were preempted and missed or cutoff during the football season so I just like to record them all. Since they changed the title of this one to "60 Minutes special" it wouldn't have recorded under the normal SP which is set to record all w/repeats. If this becomes a pattern I'll just do a wish list. I need my Rooney fix! :)

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Why did you title this 15 May? You're 2 weeks off.

Like sieglinde says.. they are usually reruns, but record the show, and FF through if you've already seen a segment. They put 'since this originally aired' segments at the very end of the segment.

The annoying thing is that mostly I've been listening to the podcast, but last week they only put one of the hours of the podcast up. I transferred the other hour to my computer but haven't converted to audio yet.

8. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Heck if I know, but I corrected it the same night:

9. Jun 1, 2011 #9 of 10
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I meant the title of the THREAD

10. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I could but that would mess up people's RSS readers. It is too late now anyway.