6.3F "Official" rollout will begin next week

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by incog-neato, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Feb 5, 2008 #1 of 77
    incog-neato

incog-neato ObamaGuy

Sep 17, 2007
    The Cold...

Advertisements

Starting next week the "official" rollout of "6.3F" will start so disconnect your phone lines now if you do not want it.

As other have stated, the only thing addressed in this release is random reboot issue. This is not the upgrade that includes recently deleted folders, remote booking etc.

2. Feb 5, 2008 #2 of 77
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    What is your source for this information?

3. Feb 5, 2008 #3 of 77
    videojanitor

videojanitor Member

Dec 21, 2001
  4. Feb 5, 2008 #4 of 77
    ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Correct... the authorizations started to be sent to the systems last night.
    It is not "all at once"... it is the typical staggared release.

5. Feb 5, 2008 #5 of 77
    incog-neato

incog-neato ObamaGuy

Sep 17, 2007
    The Cold...

Advertisements

OK, so what's your point? If Earl said so then it must be true. The email I received said next week. I just passed along what was given to me. No I can't post the email because it is "internal information."

6. Feb 5, 2008 #6 of 77
    TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Yikes.

Not to speak for VJ, but it seems the obvious point was to correct your error, and to improve the thread for everyone else. Why is everyone so touchy about that? (and everything else lately)

I'm sure everyone appreciates your information (I know I do), but other contributors added even more accurate information. That's kinda how it works. Just because you didn't have every detail nailed down is not anything disgraceful and no one is slamming you, so there's really no reason to have to justify what was a perfectly good original post. On this forum, lately, I'd consider that a qualified success. Chill.

Of course I guess we could editorialize and add a bunch of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:'s or :p:p:p's if you really want to polarize things.

7. Feb 5, 2008 #7 of 77
    videojanitor

videojanitor Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Actually (although I didn't make it clear), I was responding to the post that said "what is the source of this information?" I was giving that member a source, while at the same time adding further info about the time-frame. Didn't intend to dispute any else's info ...

8. Feb 6, 2008 #8 of 77
    NytOwl666

NytOwl666 New Member

Jan 9, 2007
    So, how is this different than the 6.3f that came out in early December? I'm already running 6.3f on 3 HD receivers and it still reboots every time I record on/watch CBS and frequently when recording or watching on Fox - in fact, tonight ALL my HD boxes rebooted at the same time while Fox was on one of the tuners!

So how is 6.3f a fix?
    :confused:

9. Feb 6, 2008 #9 of 77
    rickmeoff

rickmeoff New Member

Aug 25, 2006

are you sure? cuz all my receivers are on 6.3e, and i had thought that people with the cbs reboot problem were those with 6.3c or 6.3d.

10. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Successfully installed overnight. ;)

11. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    So, what IS this, just a bug update, or is this the system update they were talking about? Since, well, it doesn't appear to offer any of the remote programming functionality they alluded to.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    well i'll keep my fingers crossed it fixes the following:

1. 1xFF freezes the pic on 57 and 3 in philly and now has spread to channel 6. my 3.1 doesnt have this issue

2. while scrolling thru the todo list, it freezes/bongs or will reset to the top of the list or will just flip to random screens. We are very heavy todo users (curses to the hr20 update lol) and this is a royal PITA

Other than that it's fine and F better not introduce anything else to this box :)
    I havent had a missed recording in a very long time and only the occasional reboot.

13. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    This is just a stability/bug update...
    It is not the "spring" update, that will bring those 3 new features.

14. whsbuss

whsbuss Advanced Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Phila, PA
    What 3 features?

15. Tim32672

Tim32672 Just me!

Jan 3, 2005
    Ohio
  16. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    I just can't figure out why DirecTV would even bother to install an upgrade to the TiVo units when all indications point to them wanting to be done with TiVo. Something just doesn't add up.

17. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    As long as they've got a contract with Tivo, they may as well make Tivo work for it, no?

18. Budget_HT

Budget_HT Heavy User (of TiVo)

Jan 2, 2001
    Renton, WA
    If they want to keep me as a customer, they had better keep my DirecTiVo units working, even when the HD units are only good for HD OTA and SD satellite service.

We have not had many reboots on our 2 HR10 units, but zero occurrences would be better, like life before 6.x.

19. willgetin

willgetin New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Central Florida
    I forced a call on my hr10-250 2 nights ago. Last night the 6.3f update was sitting on my box. I used the slicer to install it about 10:30pm last night.

I cannot attest to any stability changes yet, since after I verified that the system came up after install, I went to bed.

I will record Fox HD on 88 tonight between 8-9pm EST as my box always reboots at 8:46pm when recording Fox HD on 88. I went from "c" to "f" as an fyi...

20. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Got update last night on 1 of my 4 HR10's, but none of my 3 SD units.