6.3e Update schedule?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rbtravis, Sep 12, 2007.

1. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    I have two identical RCA DVR40's both tied to the same multi-switch. one updates to 6.3e the other does not. The updates are occurring only on Tuesday night. the rest of the week no updates. Any ideas as to why?

2. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    I believe I read somewhere that they do updates by the address of the box. I'm assuming that means the access card address. So, even though you have more then one DTivo, they must be on different update schedules.

I'm wondering if they use Tuesday to update the Tivos and the other days to update there own boxes?

3. Murdock

Murdock New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    I also have a DVR40 that doesn't want to download the 6.3e slices. I don't want to run 6.3e at this time but I would like to get the original 40 gig drive to update just so I will have a good image at 6.3e in case I need it in the future. Even forcing a call to Tivo doesn't work (Call completes but nothing downloads). I haven't tried forcing calls on different days of the week though.

4. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    What version of the software are you on? Is the unit hacked? And, if it's not hacked, is the unit backlogged with messages to the point if you try to check them, the unit locks up?

5. Murdock

Murdock New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Not hacked, C&DE recently done and no messages. Software version is 6.2, haven't tried updating from 6.2a over the phone because I'm on Vonage and I have problems connecting with 6.2a but 6.2 is fine.