6.3d blues

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by humbland, May 20, 2007.

1. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005

Advertisements

We went from 6.3a directly to 6.3d (I never did figure out why).
    I was hoping that 6.3d would cure the occasional audio drops, but now the entire system seems "unstable"
    There are several threads about 6.3 problems, but I thought I would narrow the focus down to "partial" recordings. Our drives are not close to full capacity, and every other recording is a "partial". the machine has reset itself several times, but the problem continues.
    It began immediately after the 6.3d "upgrade".
    Any suggestions other than to try a CLEAR AND DELETE?
    Thanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Tell us more about how your system's audio is processed. Are you using an AV Receiver? How is your audio connected? Does this happen on all channels? Just DD5.1 audio?

It's possible that your problems are hard drive related. A "clear and delete everything" might help. Or replacing/upgrading the hard drive.

3. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    The audio drops are via toslink and don't happen on 5.1 shows. Yes i'm using an AV receiver (Sony DA4ES). They are mostly in the beginning of shows. I have a dual drive (Weaknees upgrade). Temp is "normal". Note, we NEVER had any problems with 3.x firmware. The audio drops are a minor annoyance, the partial recordings are a significant issue.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I'm also using a Sony STR-DA4ES AV Receiver and don't have any audio dropout problems. Have you tried a new optical cable?

5. Budget_HT

Budget_HT Heavy User (of TiVo)

Jan 2, 2001
    Renton, WA

Advertisements

I had similar symptoms once when my optical cable was not seated properly (fully) in the receptacle on the HD TiVo. I fought the problem for weeks and stumbled onto the solution when changing some nearby connections.

6. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    I can live with the minor audio drops, but the "partial" recordings are compromising the value of the unit.
    The HD is not close to full.
    Suggestions are not turned on.

7. BGLeduc

BGLeduc Member

Aug 26, 2003
    New Mexico
    Add me to the list of those with audio drop outs on OTA channels since "d". I had those when 6.3 first rolled out, and it was fixed with, I think "b", but it is back.

On Fox last night, I had a couple instances of the classic audio drop followed by brief pixelization. And I am getting non-pixelated audio drops on CBS and NBC.

Luckily, I have yet to see any shortenned recordings (fingers crossed).

Brian

8. mgoddard1

mgoddard1 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I'm having problems with reboots with 6.3d as well which I didn't have with 6.3c. Digging through my logs it appears there still is an OTA audio problem with 6.3 that is causing these reboots. Any tivo sw engineers out there feel free to look at the attached log and interpret it and then release 6.3e :)

Attached Files: