6.3c update from Instantcake HD 6.3b

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by kevin80302, Mar 10, 2007.

1. kevin80302

kevin80302 New Member

Feb 11, 2006

Advertisements

I am trying to get my HR10-250 to update to 6.3c after a previous install of Instantcakehd 6.3b. After call in to DTV I get "Pending Restart". During the restart i see the updating software message but when I go check I am still at 6.3b. Each call into DTV gets the 'Pending Restart' message and the cycle continues.

After using Instantcake can you normally receive software updates? My tivo isn't hacked... I just got tired of waiting for 6.3b (audio dropouts during 24).

Thanks

Kevin

2. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    Check your account on the dvrupgrades website. I bought the 6.2b download a month of so ago and just noticed the 6.3c download was available. Seems they let you get updates for your purchase. For how long, or how many times, I don't know.

3. JonR

JonR Member

May 1, 2004
    Xenia, OH
    I had the exact same problem with my IC 6.3b as it would never update to 6.3c, just "pending restart" after each call. I did the same, downloaded 6.3c (you get three download tries) and did a fresh install of 6.3c. It appears IC images do not update properly.

John